October 2019: Thanksgiving Update!!
- Every year, Nagano AJET holds a Thanksgiving Service Auction, in which 100% of the proceeds go to charity. This year we are supporting Iiyama Gakuen, an orphanage/children’s home in the Hokushin area.
- As the name suggests, all auction items are services, such as dance lessons for 1 to 4 people, a home cooked Cajun banquet for up to 10 individuals, up to 8 hours of work by a professional graphic designer on whatever project you’d like, and more!!
- This year you can check out the Thanksgiving Service Auction on our website, starting – today! Click on the link in the top menu to sign up and get started.
- May the bids be ever in your favor!!
– Nagano AJET Executive Committee
Hello Nagano Prefecture! Welcome to the official Nagano AJET Website. Our AJET Monkeys are currently hard at work making this website a more useful and interactive space for all Naganites. You can expect frequent updates over the weeks and months ahead!
In the meantime, please check out our:
- Featured Posts: The left sidebar of the homepage shows our latest Nagano News segments. We accept submissions, so if you would like to contribute to the blog with a helpful article or have information about an upcoming event, culturally relevant class, community group, and so on, we’d love to talk with you about it!
- Interactive Calendar: We are currently working to update the calendar with events associated with: Nagano AJET, Block 3 AJET, JET (meetings, conferences, etc), and local community groups. Click on the calendar photo from the Events Calendar page to access the full version. If you see something we missed, please let us know!
- The Around Nagano drop-down menu: Ever wanted to do something fun around Nagano, but didn’t know what to do? Then look no further! We’re currently revamping this section, adding even more information about the four Blocks of Nagano (Hokushin, Toushin, Chushin, and Nanshin). If you know something that should be added to any of these pages, send us an email and let us know!
- Useful Links: Want to learn more about Nagano? Need info about National AJET or the various special interest groups? Need help with lesson planning? Need to buy a bus ticket but have no idea how? Nagano AJET has you covered. Check out the new and improved Useful Links page for help with all of this and more!
- About Us: Check out the “About Us” page to read about Nagano AJET’s mission, membership, and major events.
- Committee: Come meet the new 2019 Nagano AJET Committee. Find out who is doing what, and who to contact for media posts, website issues, Block-related questions and more!
- Nagano Fun Facts: This one is just for fun. Do you like awesome trivia? Then visit the Nagano Fun Facts page. This list has tons of miscellaneous facts about people and places in Nagano Prefecture. If you know a cool fun fact that’s not already there, please send it to us!
Over the next few months, the website editors will be working hard to adjust and improve the pages listed above. Please have a look around and check back to see the latest updates. And as always: if you think something is missing from our site that should be here or you notice a mistake on any of the pages, please feel free to contact us through the message box below, or by sending an email to NaganoAJET@gmail.com. If it’s within our power to do so, we’ll make sure to get it up and running ASAP!
As always, thank you for your continued support. We hope you enjoy the new AJET website.
The AJET Monkeys